Starting at 7.30pm each of the four openingnights will be a celebration of the restoration of the building, with film, music and cabaret to mark
• Invitations to those who have contributed over the last, long, five years are going out now. Then tickets will go on sale soon after, but NOT before 13th Nov.
• Where, when and how will be posted on the Odyssey & Rex websites and Facebook in due course.
• Apart from those who want to pay £500
a ticket to secure their place, ticket prices will be those of a standard evening.
So you will know from the opening what ticket prices will be. Again, these will be announced in due course.
• It is likely to be very exciting and a huge celebration of the re-opening of perhaps the last restored art deco single screen cinema in Britain. So please bear in mind such huge excitement and anticipation will be accompanied by disappointment.
• This is the beginning. The first four days are just that. It is has been rebuilt to stay. The programme will be a Rex mix of the old, new, noisy and quiet.
• There will be plenty of time to enjoy films from across the world in your newly restored Odyssey Cinema, 166 London Rd, St Albans… Welcome.