- We have carefully prepared a social distancing plan throughout the building.
- Reduced screenings will minimise the number of people in the cinema and allow ample time for thorough cleaning between shows.
- Hand sanitisers have been set up around the cinema.
- Our already high cleaning standards will be enhanced, with specialist virus killing products used throughout.
- All our staff will be trained to manage and maintain all the new measures and will be provided with PPE where social distancing is difficult, for instance when working behind the bar.
- Staff rotas will be adjusted to have the same employees working together, where possible.
- Protective screens have been installed at the bar and box office and cash payments will not be accepted.
However, this has always been limited to half the house, in order to have seats available for general release. In our opening month we will have significantly less screenings and seats to offer to our members and the general public.
To maintain social distancing when booking tickets, we are requesting patrons book online, where possible. We do not currently have the facility for ABLers to book online in a manner that would be fair to all.
The usual discounted ticket price for ABLers will still apply.
Patrons with upstairs seats are asked to queue from the outside steps to the bar. The front of the queue will split into two at the bar, to speed up the service time. You will then be shown to your seat by one of our trained ushers.
For downstairs ticket holders, you will be shown straight to your table. We ask that one member of your household comes to the bar to order.
The raffle will not be open for any screening, for the time being.
This is a time consuming job for our staff, so we appreciate your patience and we would like to thank all those who have donated their tickets to support The Rex.
If you are an ABLer and would like to request a refund, please email your name and contact telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
The serial number on your voucher will remain the same, so you don’t need to contact us.
If for any reason, you do not wish to accept a credit note and you would prefer a refund, you must not tick the consent box online and be prepared to wait for the box office to contact you, once we are able to reopen.
All staff will be temperature checked before commencing work.